Saturday, August 14, 2010

Remembering Geri

As some of you may know, my good friend Geri from work died a week ago. Tonight we honored her at the Freeborn County Relay for Life, along with all the other cancer fighters and survivors.

Some of the luminaries lit up at the event.

My boss, Scott, ordered tons of pink balloon that our team and Geri's family could release into the air in honor of Geri. Here are some of Geri's sisters and friends singing before we did that.
Releasing the balloons
Watching the balloons go into the air!




Sophie licking the frosting off a cookie :) (This is kind of random, but I thought it was an adorable picture of Sophie)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Such a sad and crazy story! Mom was telling me about it. It's nice that you guys could do this for her and her family.

Brooklyn said...

Way to make me tear up while I'm eating.

Anyway, I'm glad you guys got to do that. and sophie does indeed look ridiculously cute there.

sunnysnows said...

Sorry to hear about your friend! It looks like a really great tribute though.