Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A little trip to Cannon Falls, Minnesota


I'll be honest. My job takes me to some pretty amazing places and to see some pretty amazing people. So when I heard that President Barack Obama was coming to Cannon Falls, Minn., a small town about 1 1/2 hours away from me, I jumped at the chance to go.
Whether you agree with the man's political views or not, I think it's still a neat thing to say that you've actually seen a president of our country.

This little town-hall meeting felt like a campaign stop of his I had covered a couple years ago when he was running for office, just much more security. It was practically like going through airport security but it went a little faster. It was fun.
Perhaps even more exciting, however, was seeing reporters from all over the country — I sat next to a reporter from the Washington Post and in front of me were a couple reporters with USA Today.
And then of course there's the awesome press passes you get when you go to these things that I like to collect.
This one said "White House Press Pool."
Pretty neat stuff for a small-town, community newspaper reporter.


(Photos by Eric Johnson/Albert Lea Tribune)

To see more about the visit, go to http://www.albertleatribune.com/2011/08/15/obama-its-time-for-the-games-to-stop/

No comments: